Relatives of the two Venezuelan tourists who were found dead in a hotel in mendoza after inhaling carbon monoxide they will sue the owners of the building already Airbnb, the platform where they rented the room.
While, the baby who managed to survive was discharged this Friday and was reunited with his father. The man traveled from Brazil, where he lives with the minor.
I also read: Danger in Villa Gesell: a helicopter passed near the beach and blew up the tourists’ umbrellas
Venezuelan tourists killed in Mendoza: “The notice said that the room had a carbon monoxide detector, but it was a lie”
“The negligence was such that Airbnb specified in the notice that the room had a carbon monoxide detector alarm, but that was a lie”, denounced Alex Mendoza, relative of the victims, in dialogue with TN.
Tilma del Carmen Tovar, 57 years old; Y Valentino Gonzalez, 23, had high values of this highly toxic gas, according to the forensic report.
The bodies of both were found on Sunday in a room at the Reina Victoria aparthotel, owned by Joseph Mansur, former president and current vice president of Godoy Cruz, club of the First Division of Argentine soccer.
L, just 5 years old, was miraculously saved: he was admitted to the Humberto Notti pediatric hospital with a severe picture of intoxication to which one of coronavirus was added, although he managed to recover.
I also read: Tragedy on Route 2: three friends who were going to the Coast died in a crash
Venezuelan tourists killed in Mendoza: “They never sent an ambulance”
Mendoza, son-in-law of the deceased woman, assured that both Tovar and her son, González, called 911 and a health center and “they never sent an ambulance”.
“My mother-in-law sent a voice note saying she wasn’t feeling well. It was 8 p.m. on Saturday. Later, between 0 and 0:56, Valentino was looking for a hospital in downtown Mendoza. He had a two-minute conversation and they didn’t send an ambulance either,” said the young man. And specified: “We know all this because we managed to access Tilma and Valentino’s phones”.
L., which was found in state of shock Along with the corpses, he was reunited with his father, who lives in Brazil. “The boy is Tilma’s nephew, but he was like a grandson for her. He came to the country in October and was now on vacation. I was going to return to Brazil in February,” Mendoza said.
I also read: Little horse: three criminals posed as neighbors, handcuffed a woman and robbed her
The baby who survived was discharged: “He had a very damaged heart and liver; He could have had a heart attack.”
“(The boy) He had a very high level of enzymes in his heart and liver. Both organs suffered considerable damage from hypoxia. He could have suffered a heart attack, ”explained the family spokesman. And he added: “We traveled from Buenos Aires and, when we arrived, he did not recognize us. It’s OK now. He has quite a cough, but he looks better.”
Mendoza confirmed that they will start a criminal and a civil lawsuit against Airbnb and the company owned by Mansur.
I also read: The broken neck and a blow to the face: the 8 keys to the crime of former rugby player Marcelo Longhi
Under the supervision of Prosecutor’s Office No. 1 of Mendoza, which instructs the investigation, Scientific Police personnel and the ECOGAS company carried out the corresponding skills to determine possible gas leaks in the place where the victims lived.
As a result, it was confirmed that “the apartment where the victims lived had a loss in the stove”. In addition, there was a boiler-type water heater in the place that did not have the regulatory ventilation. Therefore, the ECOGAS agency will also order the closure of the connection.