The patent of the vehicles located in the Buenos aires city is paid in six bimonthly installments, with an option to pay the whole year in a single payment and with a discount. However, there are exceptions for which those residing in the Federal capital They do not have the obligation to face the expense of the tax on motor vehicles.
This occurs in cases where the age of the vehicle exceeds 25 years or when there are certain conditions that directly or indirectly involve the owner of the vehicle and that the owner must prove in order to access the benefit.
In the case of cars that are 25 years old, which are counted from the moment of their patenting on the Town, the owner is automatically exempt from paying the tax, without the need to do any type of procedure or presentation in particular. Nor are they taxed, among some specific cases, models intended for official use or foreign officials.
Excepted from paying license plate even if the vehicle is new
The cars that are reported and accredited as destined for the transfer or daily use of people with certain disabilities, they do not pay car tax as long as the beneficiary remains the owner.
In any case, this benefit reaches only one car per case. That is to say: if a person with disability If you have more than one vehicle, only for one of them you can request the exemption.
In the same way, you can request it if the owner of a vehicle uses it to transport a disabled person. As in the situation mentioned above, if you have more than one unit in your name, only one of them will have the possibility of registering the payment exception. The big difference is that in these cases there is a maximum limit on the tax valuation of the car that will be exempt from the tax.
I also read: Patents and ABL: the update that Buenos Aires taxes will have according to the 2022 Budget presented by Horacio Rodríguez Larreta
To make the exemption effective in these cases, the owner of the vehicle will have to prove his relationship with the disabled person. It can be done with the certificate of coexistence with the disabled person; with the birth certificate if the vehicle was in the name of the father, mother or grandchild of the beneficiary; or with the marriage certificate if the beneficiary is the spouse of the owner.
What documentation must be presented if the beneficiary is the owner of the car?
- Automotive Property Title. It must be registered in favor of the beneficiary or his/her spouse or cohabiting partner. You can also be the father, mother or guardian in case of disability, of the grandchildren or of the partner of the beneficiary. And the copy certified by the National Directorate for the Registry of Automotive Property and Pledged Credits (DNRPA and CP).
- Certificate of disability issued by the medical board of the corresponding hospital of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Photocopy of the DNI (both sides) of the owner of the vehicle and of the beneficiary, if applicable. In addition, the original must be displayed.
- Form “Request for Exemption Persons with Disabilities – Patents”, it can be found at the bottom of this page. You can download and complete it. And then send attachment in the procedure.
- Note requesting the exemption: reason, name and surname of the owner, license plate number of the vehicle, signature, clarification, DNI.
The rest must pay the patent
All those car owners who are not included in some of the aforementioned tax payment exceptions must pay the patent. For these -the vast majority of cases- the Government of the City of Buenos Aires has some bonus offers.
I also read: Patents, real estate and Gross Income: they confirm the taxes in the Province of Buenos Aires for 2022
Those who pay on time, the following year have a 10% discount on each of the installments. And those who cancel the annual value of the tribute in a single payment at the beginning of the year also have the same bonus.