(Update of 05/27/2022)
The round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores were drawn: Boca against Corinthians and River against Vélez
Boca will play with Corinthians and River will do so against Vélez in the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores 2022, according to what was determined by the draw held this Friday at the Conmebol headquarters located in Asunción, Paraguay. Those who won their group will start their key as local and define as visitors.
The first leg of the Copa Libertadores round of 16 will be played from June 28 to 30 and rematches will take place from July 5 to 7.
I also read: How the Copa Libertadores round of 16 will be played
The path to glory is already set. The South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) ruled the complete calendar of the Copa Libertadores 2022which will begin this week with the Phase 1 matches and will culminate on October 29 in the final that will be played in a single match at the Stadium Monumental of Guayaquilin Ecuador.
All the crosses of the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores 2022
Athletico Paranaense (Brazil) vs Libertad (Paraguay)
Fortaleza (Brazil) versus Students (Argentina)
Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) vs. Palmeiras (Brazil)
Emelec (Ecuador) vs Atletico Mineiro (Brazil)
Sports Tolima (Colombia) versus Flamengo (Brazil)
Corinthians (Brazil) versus Boca (Argentina)
Workshops of Córdoba (Argentina) versus Colón de Santa Fe (Argentina)
Velez (Argentina) versus River (Argentina)
How the Copa Libertadores is played
The new edition of the most important competition on the continent will be played under the same format that has been used since 2017: there will be three direct elimination phases in which 19 teams participate and in the end four will remain classified; and then the 28 clubs that entered this table directly will join them in the Group Phase.
This instance will have eight zones, each one made up of four groups, of which the first two will advance to the round of 16 while the third will go to the South American Cup.
From the round of 16 draw of the Liberators cup, the best from South America will meet in a round trip series to advance in the draw. For this year, after 16 years of validity, it will remain eliminated the rule of the goal with double value of visitorwhich granted a benefit in the event of a tie on the global scoreboard for those who scored the most away from home.
Finally, as has been the case since 2019, the final will be played in a single match, which this time will take place in Ecuador.
The schedule of the Copa Libertadores 2022
- In round of 16the first legs will be played on June 29 and the rematches on July 6.
- In roomsthe first leg will be in the week of August 3 and the return, in the week of August 10.
- In semifinalsthe first leg will take place in the week of May 31 and the return, in the week of September 7.
- The final It is planned for Saturday, October 29 at the Monumental Stadium in Guayaquil.
I also read: River presented its reinforcements and Gallardo spoke: “Talent is added to a team that was already working”
Copa Libertadores: the crosses of the preliminary instances
Montevideo City Torque (URU) vs. Barcelona Sporting Club (ECU)
Deportivo Lara (VEN) vs. Club Bolivar (BOL)
Cesar Vallejo University (PER) vs. Olympia Club (PAR)
Colombia 3 (Depotrivo Cali or Millionaires) vs. Fluminense (BRA)
Students of La Plata (ARG) vs. Italian Audax (CHI)
Winner of Bolivar/Lara vs. Catholic University Sports Club (ECU)
America ́s Miners (BRA) vs. America ́s Miners (BRA) Guaraní Club (PAR)
Winner Montevideo City Torque/Barcelona vs. University Sports Club (PER)
Club Plaza Colonia (URU) vs. Club The Strongest (BOL)
Everton de Vina del Mar (CHI) vs. Monagas Sport Club (VEN)
Winner Cesar Vallejo University/Olimpia vs. National Athletic (COL)
I also read: The Argentine National Team was nominated for best team of the year at the Laureus Awards
All teams qualified for the Copa Libertadores
- Argentina: Colón de Santa Fe, River Plate, Vélez Sarsfield, Talleres de Córdoba, Estudiantes de La Plata and Boca Juniors.
- Brazil: Atlético Mineiro, Flamengo, Palmeiras, Athletico Paranaense, Corinthians, Fortaleza, Bragantino, Fluminense and América Mineiro.
- Colombia: Sports Tolima and National Athletic
- Venezuela: Monagas, Deportivo Tachira, Caracas and Deportivo Lara
- Ecuador: Emelec, Independent of the Valley, Catholic University and Barcelona
- Peru: Universitario, César Vallejo, Sporting Cristal and Alianza Lima
- Paraguay: Liberty, Cerro Porteño, Guarani and Olympia
- Bolivia: The Strongest, Always Ready, Independiente Petrolero and Bolívar
- Uruguay: Peñarol, Nacional, Plaza Colonia and Montevideo City Torque
- Chile: Colo Colo, Catholic University, Everton and Audax Italiano