After the federal judge of Lomas de Zamora Federico Villena received the fbi report about him pilot of the Iranian plane held in Ezeiza, the investigation focuses on cinco elements to advance the cause.
I also read: Terrorism and espionage: the crimes that the prosecutor imputes to the crew of the Iranian plane
- The first of these is to deepen the research on Gholamreza Ghasemi, the pilot who, which, according to the US investigative agency, is linked to the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Hezbollah, both considered by Washington as groups terrorists. The fiscal Cecilia Incardona want to determine if the true target of arrival of the aircraft commanded by the Iranian was “exclusively to transport auto parts merchandise, or if it was based on reasons other than those alleged and constitutes, eventually, an act of preparation for provide property or money that could be used for terrorist activityits financing or organization”.
- Incardona also wants to know if the arrival in the country of Ghasemi and other four Iranian citizens on the Emtrasur plane is related to security tasks espionage in Latin America. In this sense, one of the “specialties” of the aforementioned Iranian Quds Force is to carry out operations of military intelligence abroad.
- With respect to cargo of the Boeing 747, the prosecutor has already said that “you must dig even deeper for the content” of the aircraft immobilized in Ezeiza, “in order to verify if coincide the commercial operation declared with the actual content of the merchandise that the plane was transporting”. In this same line, the embassy of Israel in Paraguay assured this Wednesday that the Iranian crew members, staying in a hotel in the Buenos Aires town of Canning, are “directly involved in the arms trafficking a Syria and the terrorist organization Lebanon’s Hezbollah.”
- An aspect incorporated hours ago to the investigation is that of the anti-Semitism, since as far as he could know TNon Ghasemi’s cell phone there were photos of military weapons such as missiles and war tanks along with other slogans against Israel and long-standing anti-Semites. In addition, the first results of the skills on the pilot’s phone revealed the affinity that the latter has with the aforementioned Quds Force, the fearsome elite Iranian terrorist group that answers to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
- Finally, the Argentine Justice has also put the magnifying glass on another Venezuelan-Iranian plane that landed at least four times in Ezeiza during 2022. The Airbus A340-600 -the same used by the Venezuelan president Nicholas Maduro to travel to Iran last week – was in the country in April and May. This aircraft, registration number YV3533, belonged to the Iranian airline Mahan Air (the same airline as the retained aircraft) but was transferred to Conviasa in March.
Plane held in Ezeiza: in Paraguay they also asked to investigate their movements
According to a letter to which he was also able to access TN the owner of the National Anticorruption Secretariat of Paraguay, René Fernández Bobadilla, asked the Fiscal General of the State, Sandra Quiñonez Astigarraba, to investigate the movements of the Iranian plane during its stay at the airport of east city between May 13 and 16.
I also read: Quds Force, the fearsome elite Iranian terrorist group linked to the plane seized in Ezeiza
Along these lines, Fernández Bobadilla’s request emphasizes: “To date there is no record or declaration of cargo or inspection of the aircraft at its entry to the country, and this fact must be clarified through proceedings of the Public Ministry, as well as information from the crew stay, supposedly at the Dazzler Hotel in Ciudad del Este.”