The oral and public trial of the vice president Cristina Kirchner for illicit association and fraud for the alleged direction of public works in favor of the employer Lazarus Baez This Monday entered its final stage with the allegations against the accused.
The Financial Information Unit (UIF) It is the first to issue its allegations, although it is unknown what the position of the body that is now under the wing of Kirchnerism will be. It is not known if she will request the conviction against the Vice or her acquittal.
At the beginning of the argument, the lawyer Diego Duarte in charge of the FIU argument, pointed out that the agency should have withdrawn its role as complainant in 2017 by ensuring that money laundering crimes are not investigated in the case. It may all be a signal about what the final definition of this body will be.
The restart of the trial -which is carried out by the Federal Oral Court 2- occurs in the midst of a rarefied climate after it was confirmed that last week the sealed envelopes with the information on the judges’ assets were violated Rodrigo Gimenez Uriburu, Jorge Gorini and Andres Basso.
Cristina Kirchner is accused of being the head of an illicit association that defrauded the State by directing millionaire contracts to businessman K Lázaro Báez.
The FIU is the only complainant, since the Anticorruption Office (OA) decided – just over a month ago – not to accuse Cristina Kirchner. This change of position in organizations commanded by men who respond to the Vice makes it a real mystery to know the position that the entity led by Juan Carlos Otero will take.
The allegations of the FIU will be in charge of the lawyer Diego Duarte. This body had asked to postpone the beginning of the arguments of the trial until August. The argument was that the body is the first to plead and that due to the complex and voluminous nature of the case, more time was needed, but the court made up of Rodrigo Gimenez Uriburu, Jorge Gorini and Andres Basso refused the request.
For many it was a measure that only sought to delay the beginning of the process. Strictly speaking, the FIU will expose its accusations or requests for acquittal this Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Once these three hearings occur, the winter court fair will begin. The activity will resume on August 1 with the statements of the prosecutor Diego Luciana, who will have nine hearings to expose the evidence against the accused and define whether he will ask for convictions or acquittals.
What is investigated in the Vialidad case, which involves Cristina Kirchner
- The investigation of the Vialidad cause, which involves Cristina Kirchner, began with a complaint by the former Minister of Energy and former Director of National Roads Javier Iguacel.
- Iguacel’s presentation was for the accusation of serious irregularities in public works contracts in Santa Cruz, such as overprices.
- In the case for corruption in public works, the vice president is accused of having been the head of an illicit association that defrauded the State by directing public works to Báez.
- Federal judge Julián Ercolini warned when taking the case to trial that 51 of the 88 works carried out in Santa Cruz between 2004 and 2015 were carried out with companies owned by businessman K for $46 billion.
- According to the accusation, there was a “corruption maneuver” between the Government during Kirchnerism and state agencies with which “a criminal organization”.
- According to the accusations, there was “theft of public funds through the allocation discretionary of practically 80% of the road works in favor of Lázaro Báez”.
News in development that is being updated-