After more than three years of freezing, as of this Friday, September 23, the subway ticket increases by 40%. In this way, the ticket will cost $42, while the Premetro will go to $15. The SUBE network discount and the benefit for frequent passengers will continue to be valid.
Starting this Friday, the subway fare will go from $30 a $42. The 40% increase It arises from the modification of the tariff table that had already been treated and approved by Subways of Buenos Aires (Sbase) at the public hearing that took place on August 26.
Retirees, pensioners, people with disabilities, transplanted people and primary and secondary students they can travel for free. In addition, the social rate, Red Sube and frequent flyer discounts, which contemplates discounts of 20%, 30% and 40% for users who exceed 20, 30 or 40 monthly trips respectively.
I also read: The basic basket increased 7.6% in August and a family needed $119,757 not to be poor
As for the abono socialwill also continue. This is the program for beneficiaries of social plans administered by the government of the City of Buenos Aires, beneficiaries of the Plan Heads and Heads of Household; people in a situation of chronic or recurrent unemployment; and people who prove family income below the basic family basket published by INDEC. It also includes people in a situation of indigence, survivors of the Cro-Magnon tragedy and ex-combatants from Malvinas.
Maintenance and service costs
Regarding the new rate, established by resolution No. 17/22, from Sbase they indicated that the increase will be implemented “with the aim of continuing to guarantee the maintenance and proper functioning of the serviceand in line with the rate update implemented by the national government for the rest of the AMBA public transport”.
“Since the last filing, these costs have increased by 159%. Last year, with the sale of tickets, only 8% was covered and today it represents only 14% of the costs of the servicereported the company in charge of Mauro Alabuenas it’s a statement.
Transport rates in CABA and the Greater Buenos Aires
On August 1, bus and train fares in the AMBA increased by 40%. This is how the ticket prices for the groups were:
- $25.25 if the route is up to 3 kilometers;
- $28 for a distance between 3 and 6 kilometers;
- $29.40 between 6 and 12 kilometers;
- $30.80 between 12 and 27 kilometers;
- $32.20 if the route exceeds 27 kilometers.
I also read: All the increases that arrive in September: fares, subway, taxis, schools and domestic workers rise
For the train services The following rates apply:
- $17.25 for the Mitre, Sarmiento and San Martín lines;
- $11.25 for the Urquiza;
- $10.75 for Roca and Belgrano Sur;
- $9.50 for the North Belgrano.
I also read: Traveling by taxi is 30% more expensive: what is the new rate from this Saturday 10
Along the same lines, the Buenos Aires government authorized the rise in the taxi farewhat will be 50% and will be implemented in two tranches: 30% in September and 20% in November.
- In September, the value of the token is $18.70 during the day and $22.50 at night.
- In November the value of the chip will go to $22.50 and $27, respectively.
- In the case of flag lowering, the current values of $140 for daytime hours and $174 for nighttime hours will be changed to $187 and $225 in September.
- In November the flag drop will be $225 for daytime and $250 for nighttime.